Purpose:

This blog is one part an effort to relay my experiences here through updates and pictures and two parts an outpouring of the lessons God is teaching me in taking up my cross daily and following Him.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Alive and Whole in Argentina!

So, I made it! I was supposed to be the first person to arrive today. Instead, I was the last. BUT, I am here. My luggage is here. It's all here. And it's not damaged. I got into the country with no problems. I should have taken pictures today, but it wasn't the first thing on my mind.

Like I said, I was the last to arrive. I dropped my stuff off in my room, and we loaded into a bus owned by the school (a double-decker bus) and went to lunch at a nearby restaurant. Once we returned we had about 45 minutes before registration. Registration was pretty painless. We have satellite internet in a few of the buildings, but it seems to be really slow right now. I think the weather has something to do with that. I have met most of my 7 roommates, and 3 of them speak English. I have enjoyed getting to know them all and trying to have conversations with them in Spanish. It's beginning to come back to me.

Not too sure what the rest of the evening holds. I'm not really sure where to unpack to, because there is hardly any space in our room besides beds. We get one cupboard to put our stuff/clothes in. Mostly I just need to wait until one of the English speaking guys in the room to find out, so they don't feel like I'm trying to take over their room.

I knew Argentina was less developed, but I underestimated that a little. The campus is nice, but very simple. I will try to take pictures tomorrow to post. Until then I am thankful that I have arrived with no complications, all my luggage, in relatively good physical condition (besides my back and neck being sore from sitting/sleeping sitting down for about 30 hrs, and being tired), and VERY thankful to finally be here!

4 comments:

Aunt Mary and Uncle Ron said...

Glad to hear that you arrived safely. We will praying for you and following your blog.

Kim said...

So glad you arrived safely!!!
It's still raining in Bs. As. but not sure that extends to where you're at -- hopefully you won't get too water logged :) When I got up this morning it was only 37 degrees F. Brrrr! I'm holding onto the hope that the weather man is right and it will rise into the 70s this weekend. You'll find buildings don't have central heat (actually very little heat of any kind. lol) so be sure to dress in layers!

Kristin said...

Hooray!! I'm so excited for you! :)

Ivan said...

Ben, believe me, I wrote welcoming you when this post appeared but due to my ineptness I'm not seeing it posted here. Well, Bienvenido!!!
Look forward to reading your posts and seeing Palabra de Vida through your eyes and experience. Dios te siga bendiciendo ricamente.
Ivan