Purpose:

This blog is one part an effort to relay my experiences here through updates and pictures and two parts an outpouring of the lessons God is teaching me in taking up my cross daily and following Him.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Two Things... Something Sad and Something Good!

Today two of my best Latino friends left for three weeks to Pichi Traful, the hotel in the Andés Mountains run by the school. I will get to go there for a week of vacation the week after my birthday in the end of February. They will work there for three weeks to help pay for their school year. They are two of the people that I spend the most time with here practicing my Spanish, etc. They have both opened up to me and accepted me as a brother (one of them lost a brother about my age in January of this year), so I will miss them, but they will be back soon.

Tomorrow I get to leave to visit the Hoyts! I am very excited to see them, to see where they live/work, have a break from being here at school, and have some other food. I am a little nervous about traveling so far in a country that I barely speak the language. I am getting a lot better, especially these last few days, but I don't really feel prepared to face ensuring that I get on the right bus when it's actually entirely probable for me to miss it. Here in Buenos Aires the bus station is apparently huge. Each company has their own space, and they just kind of come and go, you have to figure out which one you're supposed to be on, and make sure you're on it, before it leaves! :) Pray that I won't have any problems! Once I get on the right bus, I will have a 10 hr. bus ride to Córdoba. Where the Hoyts will pick me up. I will (hopefully) post again once I am there and have more time, but just wanted to update you all on what's going on with me. So, that's all for now.

No comments: